Followers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

IT HAS been a longtime since I thought about the pool at GLENRIDGE AND when my aunt lived there and the amt of time spent there....

I was young at the time, and the people from this building were very nice - my aunts and uncle GORDI HELLET lived there for a longtime, this reminds me of the view over the pool and people who lived there at the time as well - the view from the pool when I WAS ABOUT 10 yrs old and who was in that view....HAVE NOT THOUGHT ABOUT THE people who lived there for a longtime,
as I was a little girl then.....IT WAS THE DAYS OF DUGSONS AS WELL AS DURITY AND my aunts would entertain...this building was very cute with its view of the GOLF COURSE AND SOME OF THE PEOPLE living there were very nice as well......longtime ago...THINKING OF BRIAN AND his family and the polish community at this time of year...people my mother knew as well as other things - KING EDWARDS school fields - swimming in other pools - LIVING IN MUIZENBURG - PERLEMOEN - living close to the old firestation in MUIZENBURG - LAKESIDE - THE HARRIS family as well - good times and a longtime ago..when my mum was still alive.........MARYVALE CONVENT DANCES and disco's - PARTYS AT HOUSES with tennis courts - maybe the TENNIS COURTS ON L/BOTHA..BRIAN AND RENIE SHENTON AND other people - the early days of HOUGHTON AS WELL AS OBS.................
ST JOHNS AND JEPPE RUGBY - LIVING DOWN IN THE CAPE as well....other things - maybe HENLEY ON KLIP WHEN BARBARA KINGHORN WENT DOWN there - this was an age ago - and in the time of the THEATRE AND PRIOR TO MARK SHENTON leaving SOUTH AFRICA - LOOKING AT NEWS AND EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT the things going on out there and THE VICTORY AND WHAT THE NEW SHOW IS going to be like as well.........

No comments: